VARGHESE C. Powered by Blogger.

BABURAJ : TALK ABOUT HIS UPCOMING MOVIES

Friday 30 March 2012

His show-stealing act as the naive cook in ‘Salt N Pepper’ seems to have become the turning point in actor Baburaj’s film career. Now with his kitty brimming with roles, he has also bagged a movie where he is playing the title role. The film, ‘Naughty Professor, 101 Ways to Stay Strong’ will be directed by Harinarayanan, and Baburaj himself has penned the script and screenplay of the film.

“I have been in the industry for the last 18 years, doing minor roles. From the start, I was given villainous roles perhaps because of my towering figure. But actually, I always liked humour and I believe I have a flair for it,” he says, about his switch to comedy.
In the film, Baburaj plays a quirky professor, who always finds himself in some sort of trouble. He says, “There is an undercurrent of black humour throughout the movie.  Mine is an egoistic character who is an English professor. He is known because of his wife, who used to be an actress. I had written the script of the film a long time ago.”
The film has situational comedy, something that the actor says he is more comfortable with. “I know my limitations and that I cannot handle a full-fledged comic role. Situational comedies suit me more. The movie offers plenty of hilarious moments,” he says. Post ‘Salt N Pepper’, the actor has amassed quite a fan following among the youth, and he says that this film too will connect with them.
“My character being that of a college lecturer is sure to interest them,” he says. Lakshmi Gopalaswami, Tinitom, Innocent, Janardhanan, Lena are the other actors of the film. The upcoming movies of the actor are ‘Freekick’ by Sangeeth Sivan in which Baburaj dons the role of a cowardly professional killer.
In ‘No Entry’, helmed by Major Ravi, he plays the part of a police officer. ‘Houseful’ with Swetha Menon, is a family movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

check it

IP
Powered by Edgy Facts - Widget